One of the most memorable events for many current and former cub scouts is the annual Pinewood Derby! From the time you get your kit until Race Day, you’ll have fun making your very own car.
The top 10 Cub Scout racers from our Pack will advance to the Mohegan Council Grand Prix!!!!!
THE RULES – READ CAREFULLY!
See the official rules here: Mohegan Council Pinewood Grand Prix Rules
- Fastest Cub Scout cars
- Fastest Sibling car (Sibling cars are available for $4 each)
- Fastest adult car (Adult cars are available for $4 each)
Date & Times
- Sunday, Jan 8th 11AM – 2 PM – Pinewood derby workshop session @ 31 Juniper Dr. bring your design ideas with you.
- Saturday, January 28th 10AM – Noon – Weigh-in will be in Assumption parish hall
- Saturday, January 28th 1-3PM – Races will be at Assumption parish hall from 1-3pm.
- Saturday, March 18th – The Mohegan Council Grand Prix – The top 10 Cub Scout racers from each Pack will advance to the District run-off.
How-to & Tips:
This document will walk you through the process of building a car and provides some helpful tips too: The Basics of Building A Pinewood Derby Car